Happy October! What better way to start off this month than with a delicious pumpkin recipe!
I know this blog isn’t a foodie blog but I just love making this recipe ever year I wanted to share it with you all. Put your apron on, get those oven mitts out, and get ready for your mouth to water!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup cooking oil
1 1lb can of pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup each raisins and chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease two 9×5 x3 in (23x33x8 cm) loaf pans
- Stir or sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves in a medium bowl; set aside
- In a large bowl, blend sugar and oil until fluffy. Add eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture
- Stir in raisins and chopped nuts, if desired. (I leave this step out, but have fun with it if you want)
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on size of loaf pans) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try! What’s your favorite fall treats?